[TYPO3-50-general] Last minute concept fix? Incosistent class naming for domain models ...

Daniel Pšötzinger nospam at nospam.de
Tue Jun 2 10:49:54 CEST 2009

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Daniel P?ötzinger schrieb:
>
>> That might look good on the first place - but normally thats not how you
>> want to group your Domain Model.
>> If the application grows you rather want to group them in packages (with
>> high coupling - low cohesion) like:
>>
>> Domain/Model/
>>   Customer/
>>   Products/
>>   Contract/
>>   Order/
>>     Payment/
>
> Wouldn't that be like this?
>
> Domain/
>  Customer/
>    Customer.php (or CustomerModel.php)
>    CustomerService.php
>    CustomerRepository.php

Why not

The distiguish between Model and Service is from Eric Evans.

Model: all the Domain Model Classes: Entitys, Valueobjects,
Repositories, Manager, Factories...

Service: Serviceobjects that aggregate functionality of the model. In a
good style there are less services required - because most of the
functionality should have a natural root class where it belongs to. I
think that was the case to keep only service objects seperate.

Greetings

Daniel