[TYPO3-50-general] Important: New base directory for FLOW3 distribution in Subversion

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Fri Jul 31 11:12:18 CEST 2009

Karsten Dambekalns wrote:

Hi,

> And those using Subversive should look at
> http://forums.polarion.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=827

Actually I think, you should use only "svn switch" in our case cause the
new location is still in the same repository..
If I try to relocate my wc with TortoiseSVN I get an error

"It seems you are trying to *relocate* your working copy to a different
path inside the same repository.

From: https://svn.typo3.org/FLOW3/Distribution/trunk
To: https://svn.typo3.org/FLOW3/Distributions/Base/trunk

A relocate is only needed if the path *to* a repository has changed.
Changeing to a different path *inside* a repository is done by a switch
operation.

Improper use of relocate *will corrupt your working copy!* [...]"

The docs state:

"This is a very infrequently used operation. The relocate command is
only used if the URL of the repository root has changed. Possible
reasons are:

- The IP address of the server has changed.

- The protocol has changed (e.g. http:// to https://).

- The repository root path in the server setup has changed.

Put another way, you need to relocate when your working copy is
referring to the same location in the same repository, but the
repository itself has moved."

Best,
Bastian