[TYPO3-50-general] Flash message API

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Jul 20 10:07:30 CEST 2009

Hi Ingo,

Am 19.07.2009 um 22:56 schrieb Ingo Renner:

>> On each request the controller will automatically pop all messages
>> from the
>> stack and assign them to the "flashMassages" variable in the Fluid
>> template.
>> Therefore all messages are cleared on the next request, even if you
>> don't
>> display them. The popFlashMessages() method is not intended to be
>> used by
>> the user / developer.
>
> sounds good to me, however I guess that in the case of v4 it
> wouldn't be
> the controller to call the methods on, but rather the template class
> or
> a distinct flash message handler.

Hmm, the template class pushes new messages onto the message stack? I
think
that really is the responsibility of the controller. And if so, the
pop method
should be located in the same class.

Anyway, if it really makes sense, we could extract the whole flash
messaging
mechanism into its own class acting as a service. But currently for me
it
seems unnecessary.

Cheers,
robert