[TYPO3-50-general] Stable API for Persistence package

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Jul 19 11:48:30 CEST 2009

Jochen Rau schrieb:
> Hi Martin.

>>> I have to withstand a temptation. But without it, we will have
>>> exec_SELECTquery in Extbase. Brrr!
>>
>> Why?
>
> Why what? (please mark)
> - "withstand"
> - "exec_SELECTquery"
> - "Brrr!"

Why will Extbase have to have (or to use?) exec_SELECTquery?

I do understand that having a general SQL query function that has to
assume its input is in the Mysql SQL dialect and has to do extensive
parsing and rewriting is evil. It's one of DBAL's biggest problems.

But I don't understand why Extbase would need such a feature.

Masi