[TYPO3-50-general] PHP Fatal error with lampp on ubuntu

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Fri Jul 17 22:26:11 CEST 2009

Hi Karsten,

Am 16.07.2009 17:02 Uhr, schrieb Karsten Dambekalns:

> On 15.07.2009 23:12 Uhr, Helmut Hummel wrote:
>> All works well with the Windows version of XAMPP or on my mac using the
>> php version provided by MacPorts...
>>
>> I just wanted to let you know this fact, if someone encounters the same
>> problem.
>
> Ah, ok. Thanks.
>
> Out of curiosity, why are you trying to use XAMPP on Linux? Because your
> distribution has no PHP 5.3 yet?

Well, it's on our development server @work running Ubuntu (like
mentioned in the subject) version 8.10. We want/must keep a PHP 5.2.x
version running additionally on that server and I'm also not aware of
Ubuntu packages providing PHP 5.3.

But I'm happy to here alternative solutions ;)

Thanks again and kind regards
Helmut