[TYPO3-50-general] Persistence: How to implement limit and offset?

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Thu Jul 16 21:10:34 CEST 2009

Hi Karsten.

>> One can specify $query->setLimit() and $query->setOffset(). But the
>> JCR283 specs do not allow to "forward" these settings to the Query
>> Object Model and thus to the Storage Backend.
>
>  From what do you get that? The spec specifies an interface, what you do
> internally is up to you. I'd of course use that to limit right at the
> underlying (SQL) level.
>
> And QueryObjectModel is a subclass of Query, so...

My fault. As I worked on the Persistence Layer I had to draw a line. So
I decided to get rid of the PreparedQuery

class QueryObjectModel extends \F3\TYPO3CR\Query\PreparedQuery
implements \F3\PHPCR\Query\QOM\QueryObjectModelInterface

resulted in the first step in

class Tx_Extbase_Persistence_QOM_QueryObjectModel
Tx_Extbase_Persistence_QOM_QueryObjectModelInterface

That's what I had in mind as I wrote the post.

Now everything is fine ;-)

Regards
Jochen

--