[TYPO3-50-general] Flash message API

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Jul 16 21:04:37 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm not yet into FLOW3, but as we are nearing the introduction of flash
messages into the 4.x Core I was wondering if there was already an
existing API in FLOW3.

As I can see there are 2 different needs:

- an API to display the flash messages (which as far as I understand
would be a Fluid view helper in v5)
- an API to manage a message queue.

The latter is of course far more interesting. Are flash messages managed
just generally? Can they be tagged to be displayed only in certain
places? Can they be stored in session, so that messages can be passed
from one script to another in case of redirections? If yes, how is
flushing managed?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter