[TYPO3-50-general] PHP Fatal error with lampp on ubuntu

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Thu Jul 9 15:31:38 CEST 2009

Hi there,

after having successfully installed a apache/php5.3/mysql on my mac with
macports, I now tried to get FLOW3 running on a ubuntu 8.1.0 machine
with xampp (http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-beta.html).

For some reason I get the following fatal error:

Fatal error: Encoding declaration pragma must be the very first
statement in the script in
/var/www/flow3/Packages/Global/FLOW3/Classes/Core/Bootstrap.php on line 2

Seems like the inclusion of php-files does not work correctly. Does
anyone of you have a clue? Would be great, thanks!

Kind regards
Helmut