[TYPO3-50-general] Discussion: ActionController Method Dispatch

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Sun Jul 5 21:58:11 CEST 2009

Hey,
there is one last thing I want to discuss with you concerning FLOW3
MVC for now.
The method dispatch in ActionController: This is done like that:

foreach (get_class_methods($this) as $existingMethodName) {
			if (strtolower($existingMethodName) ===
strtolower($actionMethodName)) {
				$actionMethodName = $existingMethodName;
				break;
			}
		}
Wouldn't just calling the method via "callUserFunc" be enough? The
user would get a fatal error right away if this method does not exist.

Greets,
Sebastian

PS: Sorry for the email-spam, I have been just reviewing some
important MVC parts, and before I want to backport them to Extbase, I
want to discuss them :-)
--
Gimme five!