[TYPO3-50-general] RFC: Short filenames

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Jan 27 12:42:42 CET 2009

Hi Xavier,

Am 27.01.2009 um 12:15 schrieb Xavier Perseguers:

>> Also no joke: If 99% of the software runs fine, I don't throw it
>> away and
>> work with notepad instead. So ...
>
> Does Eclipse already support namespaces ? I guess no, at least Zend
> Studio does not (guessing again). But once PHP5.3 is out (or
> hopefully a
> bit before), this will be the case.

Okay, I exaggerated ... Eclipse runs fine by 70% or so (Zend Studio to
be
exact). And it's not that important in this regard.

> I truly think that we should do the best we can to help refactoring as
> TDD is based on that and having to rename a file because of change of
> namespace is something I would like to avoid, if possible.

yes, that's also something I'd like to see.

@Nino: Fortunately we have more speaking class names than in ZF so I
guess
short filenames with unqualified class names are still descriptive
enough,
don't you think?

Cheers,
robert