[TYPO3-50-general] MVC and ArgumentsValidators

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Jan 27 08:20:49 CET 2009

Hey Robert,

as I'm currently not having time for this (and you are currently
anyways working on MVC ;-) ), could you take care of implementing the
use of the ArgumentsValidator? That'd be great!

As soon as this is implemented, I can commit my Blog Package changes
(with Fluid), and direct domain object mapping.

>  - if the dataType is an unqualified class name, FLOW3 will try to
> find a standard validator with that name:
>    $dataType == 'Text' => $validatorClassName = 'F3\FLOW3\Validation
> \Validator\Text'
Yep.

> BTW, does anything speak against putting the Domain Model's validators
> into the same namespace (like above)? An alternative (but more
> difficult to resolve) would be:
I don't see a problem putting it in the same namespace. After all, the
validator makes sure that certain inherent properties (invariants) of
the object will not be violated, thus that is domain logic.
BTW - Do we check the validation on inserting stuff in the repository?
Should we?

As said - it'd be great if you could handle this task :-)

Thanks & Greets,
Sebastian