[TYPO3-50-general] Strange behavior of $this->SERVER in Utility\Environment

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Jan 23 12:20:02 CET 2009

Hi Christoph,

Am 23.01.2009 um 05:17 schrieb Christoph Blömer:

>> This is what I'm doing. I need to add some more REQUEST_METHOD to the
>> Environment.

Which ones? MOVE, COPY, SEARCH, LOCK, UNLOCK, PROPFIND, PROPPATCH,
MKCOL?

Please let's add them to the original class.

>> So why is it not possible to read the $this->SERVER variable in the
>> child class???

Because the original Environment object has already be instantiated
elsewhere
and the superglobal has been replace.

> I just found out that if I comment out the line:
> $_SERVER = new \F3\FLOW3\Utility\SuperGlobalReplacement('_SERVER',
> 'Please use the ' . __CLASS__ . ' object instead of accessing the
> superglobal directly.');
>
> The $this->SERVER variable is available in the child class of
> F3\FLOW3\Utility\Environment.
> Is that a intended behavior?

yes, because the content of $_SERVER is not sanitized.

If there's really a need for extending the Environment class we can
make that possible.
But I generally think that it's a bad idea in the first place.

Cheers,
robert