[TYPO3-50-general] FLOW3CGL license header/annotation check

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Jan 20 10:49:18 CET 2009

Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
> Hi Martin.
>
> On 16.01.2009 20:44 Uhr, Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> I don't get your point. Mine is that any code meant as a FLOW3 package
>> will only run with FLOW3. There, when in use, it will ALWAYS be licensed
>> as GLP3.
>
> Huh? FLOW3 is LGPLv3, not GPLv3.

Sorry, I was sloppy. My point was the version number. Again:

Any application using with code in (L)GPLv2orLater buildig upon FLOW3
will end up for the user as (L)GPLv3.

The only point in distributing a FLOW3 application with (L)GPLv2orLater
code would be if you distributed parts (non-FLOW3!) of your application
in another context. This would save you from relicening your own code.
But in this case the FLOW3 custom package would probably be some wrapper
or glue code for your library. Then again there is no need to use
(L)GPLv2orLater for the wrapper :)

Masi