[TYPO3-50-general] FLOW3 and DDD

Nino Martincevic don at zampano.com
Mon Jan 19 15:37:14 CET 2009

Hi Martin and Robert,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> I'm only worried that Nino convinces you that you have misunderstoods
> some concepts and you start from scratch again.

Sorry if you had that feeling but that was absolutely not my intention.

So here some clarification:
In fact I can say that I've never seen such a sophisticated framework in
the PHP world. Especially compared to so-called Z*- or Ruby-clone toy
frameworks.
My honest compliments for your work!

I've heard of Flow3 several months ago and was first deterred by the
fact that it has relations to Typo3 (I give no comment on it...) but got
interested in it because of mentioning the support of the three letters.
I almost wanted to drift away to Javaspace because of the barriers
offered by most frameworks and the predominant procedural oop code by
most PHP developers.

But sadly I had not time to take a closer look at it and therefore I
don't know any aspect it may or may not offer. And also sadly I cannot
use it for my two current projects which are almost completely done in
DDD-manner [btw: if you started your first project that way you probaly
never want go back] so I have to solve many aspects by myself Flow3
already offers. The timeline does not allow to wait for a robust PHP 5.3.
But by isolating my domain from any external couplings a switch wouldn't
be that hard in a few month :-)

So, consider all further critiscm and comments as (hopefully)
constructive, I'm sure I will use Flow3 for at least one project.

> If it's working it's fine, otherwise it's broken. :)

If it's easy to maintain it's even better ;-)

Nino