[TYPO3-50-general] Info needed, please report your results...

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Jan 19 13:39:12 CET 2009

Hi Masi,

Am 19.01.2009 um 12:51 schrieb Martin Kutschker:

> Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
>
>> Thats two things. First is the classname-in-filename for our code
>> files.
>> That could be debated. Second is the naming of the cache files, and
>> here
>> we cannot risk having two "Manager" files for different sources.
>
> Use hashes for filenames. Perhaps with a small prefix to avoid
> clashes.

We currently need the information in the filename for tracking the
cache entries.
If we use a hash, we can't search for expired cache entries for example.

Anyway, I'm sure that we'll find ways to shorten the filenames -
although it's
really ridiculous that we have to.

Cheers,
robert

BTW: This also affects caching in TYPO3 4.x ...