[TYPO3-50-general] Flow3 on OS X 10.5.6 with Macports

Sebastian Wojtowicz qoo-ooq at gmx.de
Sat Jan 17 13:18:12 CET 2009

Hey,
hope you are all fine.
One month ago I became a Mac user. Before that I used windows, so I
really have big difficulties with all this commandoline/shell/bash
(which is correct ?) stuff (hope that will change one day).
Yet I managed to follow a tutorial :D (http://t3blog.de/2008/12/14/flow3-auf-mac-os-x-105-installieren-macports/
) which makes me very proud (nono just kidding, and in fact I already
had problems with following the tutorial :D)

Now when I run index.php I get the "could not open Lucene Index"
Exceotion and in index_dev.php I get "Permission denied" Warnings.
First Warning I easyly fixed by just going into the folder and giving
all users/groups read and write permissions (that is bad, right? but I
don't know which other setting would be correct either)
Second warning I would do the same maybe, but I just found the
fixpermissions.sh which I wanted to run (guess thats a better way ?!),
but I see that I need to enter a webuser and a webgroup. Well and here
my unix knowledge equals 0, I really have no idea what I should enter
here.

My Username in osx is Allisone, so I would enter Allisone as Webuser,
but what is the webgroup then ?
Or shall I create a new artificial user ? I mean a special user only
for the webusage, but how ?!?!

Some more data:
I have checkedout FLOW 3 to
/Users/Allisone/Projects/WebServer/FLOW3
Later (if I get FLOW3 to run) I want to access(without permissions)
the files from within Eclipse by creating a project that uses(/links
to) the data of the folder above.

Hope you can give me a hint...

Bis dann
Sebastian