[TYPO3-50-general] Exception #1219320933 - Could not open Lucene index... - Troubleshooting

Tim Eilers tim.eilers at web.de
Fri Jan 16 19:48:38 CET 2009

Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
> Hi Tim.
>
> On 16.01.2009 0:24 Uhr, Tim Eilers wrote:
>> i first made a fresh checkout of the TYPO3v5 distribution, but the
>> "Public" folder was missing there. (Did i do it wrong or is there
>> something broken?)
>
> Works for me using
>  svn co https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v5/Distribution/trunk/
> Note: the Public directory is an svn:externals definition, coming from
> FLOW3. If the packages are there, Public should be as well. If not,
> check for error messages.

Hmpf. Now i have a Public folder. Must really have been an error, which
i have missed. I'll take care for the error messages in the future.

>> Then i made a fresh checkout of the FLOW3 distribution, runned the
>> install.sh script (which imho shouldn't depend on sudo, not everyone has
>> it installed!) gave it the sqlite3 binary and so on.
>
> install.sh is not needed usually. And it needs sudo otherwise it cannot
> set permissions correctly. It's a raw helper, may need some editing to
> be used, and a knowledgeable user.

It does not need sudo if you are root and have no sudo installed, like
it was on my test system. I admit that it only should be used by a
knowledgeable user. But it is perhaps the beginning of the future FLOW3
installer ;)
I did not know, that i don't need it for normal use. install.sh leads to
"execute it to install FLOW3" in my mind, so i did. Your warning at the
top now is perfect now. Just imagine that someone wants to try FLOW3
(the typical hello world thing..) without reading any additional
documentation.

> I updated the script and the README to force users into more caution.
>
>> Now i get the Exception #1219320933. The wiki [1] says to deactivate
>> Persistence (in FLOW3.yaml and not FLOW3.php by the way!), i did it.
>
> Fixed the filename in the wiki.

Perfect.

>> It says to call typo3cr/setup/, but i get a "#1220884009: The controller
>> object "f3\typo3cr\controller\setupcontroller" does not exist."
>> everytime i try it. No matter which case i use in the path,
>> TYPO3CR/Setup does not work also.
>
> Works for me. You should really check your SVN toolchain, make sure
> things are up to date.

Seems that the second checkout was also broken somehow :(

>> I am wondering about this, cause i thought the install.sh script also
>> took care for permissions (the last tipp in the wiki) and made an empty
>
> It is supposed to do so. I'll check.
>
> Anyway, just do a checkout, run fixpermissions.sh and you should be
> ready to flow.

There is something broken i believe. The script wants to change
ownership Public/Resources. Either you add that to svn or let the script
create the folder.

After creating it, everything is fine. FLOW3 is running again...

Thank you very much for your help and the fixes to the scripts, it will
help others too i hope.