[TYPO3-50-general] FLOW3 and DDD

Nino Martincevic don at zampano.com
Fri Jan 16 16:51:41 CET 2009

Hi Robert,

first: thanks for your answers.

Robert Lemke schrieb:
>> - Does Flow3 really follows "pure" DDD concepts, not polluting your
>> domain with infrastructural or technical stuff?
>
>> - Are the other important concepts of DDD like value objects, domain
>> services, bounded contexts etc. implemented or their usage intended?
>
> Yes. We do have support for entities and value objects and the
> persistence
> framework recognizes aggregate boundaries. Especially the art with value
> objects and lazy / eager loading mechanisms is not fully implemented
> yet,
> but currently in the works.

One key concept seems missing here (at least to my attention):
Aggregates

They are on of the key elements of the object model in DDD, liky you
surely know.
But aside one mention in the docs (page Persistance) I could not find
any other reference. The good doc page about Objects doesn't even state
them. It's only mentionted in the context of the persistance but not the
creation and access of domain objects.
Or are the examples, i.e. the blog example,  build on the assumption
that they are aggregate (roots)?

Another question is: there is only one repository for all objects,
right? A kind of repository factory, I guess.
But what if I like to have my own repositories (just like I do for
almost all aggregate roots because they have all different interfaces)
except for simple entities, like lookups?

Perhaps I've overssen some concepts or the docs quite uncomplete.

Thanks for clarification,
Nino