[TYPO3-50-general] FLOW3CGL license header/annotation check

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Fri Jan 16 13:09:18 CET 2009

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Malte Jansen schrieb:
>> Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
>>> Hi.

>>> This is following the recommended way of applying (L)GPL to code,
>>> according to the FSF. Let's stick to that.
>> Ok.
>>> Note: That is not intended to be the package *name*, but the package
>>> key. I fixed this in the wiki (see link below).
>> Is it recommanded to use the GPL or LGPL version 3 or later or could
>> somebody make a package with GPL version 2?
>
> No. GPLv2 and v3 are incompatible. I don't know if this is true for LGPL
> as well.
>
> Masi

Hi Masi,

I just forgot from the other thread this link:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#AllCompatibility

So, we might create an error, if some package is under a license, which
is for sure not compatible with the FLOW3 license.

e.g. Releasing a package under "GPLv2 only" using FLOW3 is not possible.

Cheers,

Malte