[TYPO3-50-general] FLOW3CGL license header/annotation check

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Thu Jan 15 18:37:49 CET 2009

Hi.

On 15.01.2009 17:00 Uhr, Malte Jansen wrote:
> Do we realy need this long license header?

This is following the recommended way of applying (L)GPL to code,
according to the FSF. Let's stick to that.

>> * The header comment only reads "This script belongs to the FLOW3
>> framework." for the FLOW3 package itself. Other packages differ in
>> that line.
>
> "This script belongs to the ###LONGPACKAGENAME###."
> Should be possible to read from the MyPackage/Meta/Package.xml.

Note: That is not intended to be the package *name*, but the package
key. I fixed this in the wiki (see link below).

> Is there model/class of the package information, from which you can just
> get/import these informations?

Yes, there is a schema, see http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/702

Code-wise, the package manager should be able to give you that information.

But: since the package key is the same as the directory a package lives
in, this is as easy as it gets.

> There should be some page were, the licenses are collected...

Ah, nay. Let people look up that stuff themselves. One exception, forgot
to mention that earlier:
http://forge.typo3.org/wiki/flow3-overview/Licensing_boilerplates_to_use_with_your_code

Regards,
Karsten