[TYPO3-50-general] Debugging in FLOW3

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Jan 15 17:54:11 CET 2009

Hi Irene,

Am 22.12.2008 um 10:18 schrieb Irene Höppner:

> (was some kind of FLOW3-weekend ;-))
>
> is there a way to get a nice debugging output in FLOW3 already?

In my last big commit I added some neat features which simplify
debugging.

One thing is the System Logger which can (also) be used for debugging
messages. Currently the loggin mechanism doesn't support filtering
(for severities etc.) but it's already a start.

Secondly we have FirePHP which you should really give a try:

  - download / checkout the FirePHP package into the Packages directory
  - install the FireBug extension in Firefox
  - place some \debug('some message") or \debug($var) in your code
(note the backslash) and watch the FireBug tab in your browser

Cheers,
robert