[TYPO3-50-general] Common namings for variables with path-content

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Jan 15 10:58:20 CET 2009

Hi Ingmar,

Am 14.01.2009 um 15:15 schrieb Ingmar Schlecht:

> The only problem with filePath is that it ends in "path", so one might
> mistake it for a path. So lockFilePath could either be the lockFile
> path
> or it could be the lock filePath.
>
> Any suggestions to solve that problem?

I just looked at some parts of existing FLOW3 code and saw that I almost
consistently chose "pathAndFilename" (note: "Filename" but "ClassName").
How about sticking to that?

In essence we'd then have:

  - path
  - directoryName
  - filename
  - pathAndFilename

I looked up "class name" and "filename" in various dictionaries +
google and found out that "filename" as a word exists, but the
official writing for the name of a class is "class-name" or "class
name". Native speakers please correct me if I'm wrong ...

Cheers,
robert