[TYPO3-50-general] Routing and SubPackages

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Tue Jan 6 12:54:20 CET 2009

Hi Bastian.

On 05.01.2009 12:20 Uhr, Bastian Waidelich wrote:
> We think, this problem occurs only when calling Controllers of
> SubPackages, so the solution Sebastian and me came up with this morning
> was, to include @subpackage to the Route definition. The example from
> above would look like this then:

Cool. I like that solution!

> The good news:
> "controllerObjectNamePattern" & "viewObjectNamePattern" wouldn't be
> needed anymore if we'd agree on a standard naming like:

Even better. I'm in.

> We could still use controllerObjectNamePattern in the Routes to allow
> exceptions (should we?).

At first I thought we should, to make it more flexible and all that. But
then, convention over configuration - let's push people into standards
even more. So, drop that configuration possibility.

> * Currently Routes are processed in _descending_ order as I thought you
> would add more specific Routes to the end of Routes.yaml by default..
> But this seems to be confusing to some users and we might change the
> behavior so that the _first_ Route has the highest priority. What do you
> think?

Leave it like this, make sure it is documented for those who think it is
not intuitive (which I think it is: "later declarations override earlier
ones", right!?)

Regards,
Karsten