[TYPO3-50-general] Naming of ViewHelpers - ambiguity

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Sun Jan 4 13:04:30 CET 2009

Hey,

while working with Fluid today, I again stumbled over an ambiquity of
the term "ViewHelper". We currently use it in two contexts:
- Inside FLOW3/Classes/MVC/View/Helper
	These are things like an "URI Helper", etc - so more general helpers
which you proboably need in a view
- Inside Fluid
	Each special Tag in Fluid is a ViewHelper as well - but with a
different interface (they inherit F3\Fluid\Core\AbstractViewHelper).
They can use the view helpers above.

Do you have any suggestions how to distinguish these two view helpers?

Greets,
Sebastian
--
Gimme five!