[TYPO3-50-general] Need help with Routing

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Thu Feb 19 13:16:26 CET 2009

Hi.

On 18.02.2009 19:39 Uhr, Bastian Waidelich wrote:
>> But it would be nice to define that as local routes.
>
> Think of FLOW3 as framework for your Web application. You don't want the
> packages to affect or even override your Routing setup automatically.
> Furthermore it would be hard to tell in which order local and global
> Routes would be matched.

But when I configure the routes in the Blog why should I even have to
care about the routes for the TYPO3CR? Currently those "tool" routes
would have to be repeated over and over again... (plus I can't get them
to work in the Blog distribution right now).

> On the other hand packages should be able to provide an appropriate
> Routing setup which can be "copied" somehow into the main Routing
> configuration.

Or which would be active by default but could be disabled. I don't see
any reason why I should have routes for /webdav or /typo3cr in my code.
If I needed to have them, I could disable the "global" routes (or "move"
them to another "mount point", like "tools/...").

That would make life easier in like 90% of the cases.

Regards,
Karsten