[TYPO3-50-general] Features in the last few commits

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Feb 3 10:20:24 CET 2009

Hi folks,

during the last two days I worked a bit on the package and resource
management.

One requirement was that we need some place to store application
specific resources which are not part of a package (such as the
fileadmin/ folder in TYPO3). This place is now the global /Data/
Resources/ folder.

Unfortunately the resource publisher / manager is still so messy
(because it's still a preliminary solution) that it broke after my
last commit yesterday. I fixed this today so you shouldn't have any
problems running the BlogExample etc. - but still be aware that the
whole resource publishing mechanism stinks ;-)

The other goal was to support multiple package directories. By that it
is now possible to share the FLOW3 core packages (FLOW3, PHP6, YAML
etc.) among multiple applications (such as TYPO3, BlogExample, your
own app). Just have a look at the Package section in the FLOW3
reference manual, try it out and let me know what you think about it ...

Due to the above changes your local FLOW3 installation might stop
working. Just make sure that you now have the /Packages/Local + /
Packages/Global directory structure and that you flushed all cashes
(ie. remove the content of the temp directory). If you still
experience any errors, please let me know.

Cheers,
robert