[TYPO3-50-general] FLOW3 Sample Blog Application Aggregate Roots Clarification

Duo Zheng duozheng at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 09:19:00 CEST 2009

In the Blog Application, Blog, and Post are Aggregate Roots as they
both have Repositories. I believe I am modeling this wrong, but is it
correct to have Post as an Aggregate Root when Blog already is?

When a Blog is deleted all its entities are deleted with it. You can't
have a Post without a Blog so it "seems" correct for Blog to be the
only Aggregate Root and post to be part of that Aggregate.

I guess to clearly ask the question and getting straight to the point,
can you have Post be an Aggregate Root by itself in one case and just
an Entity in another?

Thanks in advance,
Duo