[TYPO3-50-general] Database Persistence / Transaction Support

Duo Zheng duozheng at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 10:46:28 CEST 2009

Hello,

FLOW3 doesn't have a pre-written DB layer at this point so I didn't
see support for handling transactions and "foreign key" relations.

Is there a proposed recommendation / practice on implementing
transactions in DDD with the Persistence framework?

If Aggregate roots and Aggregates are connected via "Foreign Key"
relations  in the DB backend, are there already methods in place to
handle the inserts since the "Auto Increment ID" is required for
nested Aggregates? The Persistent Manager handles the commits so I
wanted to clarify this. (I hope that was clear)

Ex.

For the sake of the example this is all one request / transaction:
* Blog gets created
* First post gets created, but it needs the Blog Id from the just
created Blog.

I don't suppose a DB layer is in the making also or at least planned?

Thanks in advance,
Duo