[TYPO3-50-general] Cache problem in Extbase with reflection data

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Aug 5 16:53:37 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

Am 05.08.2009 um 14:02 schrieb Steffen Kamper:

>>> these parts are missing in Extbase, also the collected data saved to
>>> cache is smaller than in FLOW3.
>>
>> I didn't read everything yet but what about:
>> reading ReflectionData cache, merging it with $data and saving it
>> back
>> in Extbase?
>>

> this maybe an option.
> What i wonder about why reflection doesn't have all information in
> like
> Robert explained for FLOW3. So i would aprecciate a tip from Robert
> what
> would be the best strategy for Extbase.

that's difficult. Originally there was no reflection cache planned for
Extbase
because it's quite inconvenient having to flush the cache everytime
you write
a few lines of code.

Well, as it seems you didn't come around introducing the cache anyway
so ...

I guess the best would be to stick closer to FLOW3's reflection
service. Although
I must admit that it currently stores quite some unnecessary data,
such as the
comments. But need to optimize that for FLOW3 1.0.0 alpha 4 anyway.

In the end it's Jochen's choice as I don't have such a good insight
into how the
reflection service is actually used in Extbase.

robert