[TYPO3-50-general] cache files too long for windows

Irene Höppner irene.hoeppner at abezet.de
Tue Apr 21 12:04:41 CEST 2009

Hi Xavier,

> Could you please give more information? I do not have numbers in head
> but I guess it's relating to the underlying filesystem (NTFS, FAT32,
> ...) you use.

sorry for being so short.

This topic has been discussed earlier in the list and was one of the
reasons for the short filenames.
I just wanted to say, that this problem might come up again although short
filenames are used now and that windows users (even ntfs), that get an
exception saying something like "cannot touch" in the cache-files might
solve the problem by shorten their htdocs-path.

Greets,

Irene