[TYPO3-50-general] FLUID and ExtJS (or other widget frameworks)

Thomas Fritz fritztho at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 19:50:05 CEST 2009

A simple Ext.Direct Example can be found here: http://is.gd/sAiU or in the
RC1 SDK which can be downloaded from here
http://extjs.com/products/extjs/download.php
There is also the source code for all examples - client and server side
scripts.

Another addition is Ext.data.DataWriter. Which is analogical to the existing
Ext.data.DataReader and the client side Stores you may have used so far. The
addition is that you can now pass an additional DataWriter instance to the
store.
A nice example can be found here
http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-3.0-rc1/examples/writer/writer.html . If you
look at the js code (
http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-3.0-rc1/examples/writer/writer.js), you see that
you can expose the server side API on the Client Side. The store then
handles all the CRUD events on the client side and calls the Action on the
server side - Asynchronously including response.
Code for this example is also available in the RC1 SDK.

In case of FLOW3 think of the possibilities.
I mean especially the TYPO3CR which has a REST API yet (am i right?). You
can simply expose the API for load, create, update and delete actions to the
client side and all widgets (components) could load their data out of the
box asynchronously (and do all the other CRUD actions). And those components
- the UI only - could also loaded on demand. Because every ext component has
an unique xtype and it can be configured by a json string.

OK... enough dreaming of world domination for today ;-)

Tom