[TYPO3-50-general] Beer3 - Array Syntax and View Helpers

Sebastian KurfŸürst sebastian at typo3.org
Wed Oct 29 19:45:19 CET 2008

Hi Franz,

> as I already wrote you, I'd like to see a TS-object-rendering View
> Helper as a basis helper. Something like:
>
> <f3:tsobject configuration="TSpath.to.object" default="some value"
> additionaldata=dummyrecord />
I think this is not part of the "f3"-Namespace, as it is nothing which
is "CMS-agnostic". However, I think especially for the 4.x branch it
makes sense to have such a tag (available as t3:tsobject for example).
Do you think this separation makes sense?
In 5.x, we'll have to see how the rendering will exactly work, and as I
do not have that yet fully in my head, I suggest we'll look at this when
we have some rendering in 5.x present!

> And there should be some Helper to render widgets or how ever that will
> be handled.
I am not sure if it makes sense to have one generic tag for all widgets
- currently I'd moreover favor different tags for different widgets. For
the standard widgets, I think some namespace like "<widget:" makes
sense, as the widget implementation will be located in another package
presumably.

Benefits of different tags:
- Autocompletion works
- Each widget might have different arguments. By specifying them
one-by-one, we'll get stronger checking of arguments, which is handled
by the framework, and not the view helper itself.

I think the first step would be to implement the templating, and then
think further how we'll really build the widget system.

Does this sound reasonable to you?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,
Sebastian