[TYPO3-50-general] Templating Engine - Validation and Autocompletion

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Oct 28 23:12:01 CET 2008

Hey Malte,

> If you have an model of an article you could add an @template-tag to
> the
> class, which would provide a default template defined in a certain
> folder with a certain, which will render the object as string
> (MagicMethod __toString).
> In most cases you'll have to render a model.

As far as I see it now, your idea would lead to a mixture of concerns
(Mixing the "M" and the "V" in MVC) which is not really what we'd like
to do.

However, what we might think of, is some automated scaffolding - where
the view and controller are autogenerated for a given model for CRUD -
Operations.
I think this would be the cleaner way to archieve what you wanted to
do :-)

Greets,
Sebastian