[TYPO3-50-general] [TYPO3-team-core-v5] Templating Engine

Christopher Hlubek bruno.bolzano at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 12:56:42 CEST 2008

2008/10/24 Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] <ernst at cron-it.de>:
> Ok, but I don't see any way to make a valid XML document if you want to
> create a (non-XML) HTML 3.2 template without escaping xmlEntities.

Who wants to create an HTML 3.2 template with TYPO3 v5 in let's say 2009?

I think the most common task is creating XHTML templates (95%+),
that's where validation should be possible and auto-completion is most
useful. All other non-XML formats are more exotic and not very common.
They should be possible without a doubt, but validation and
auto-completion is not an issue there (at least in my opinion). And
maybe the DEV3 IDE could be convinced to perform auto-completion even
on that.

Greetings,
Christopher