[TYPO3-50-general] Templating Engine - Validation and Autocompletion

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Oct 24 10:32:56 CEST 2008

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian KurfŸürst wrote: on 23.10.2008 22:28:

> [ It's a long mail, but I hope it is still worth reading :-) ]
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> (I use a new thread here because I think most people care about
> validation, and many people mentioned it that this was important.)
>

> I've spent the most of the last two days to dive into DTDs, XML Schema,
> Eclipse XML editing, and these topics. (Those who follow on [3] might
> have noticed ;-) ). I've come up with some conclusions and and ideas how
> we might proceed - and I have some really cool video to show - so read on!

Nice work, I would say! Thanks for your efford!

Indeed it is a pretty "cutting edge" stuff we are dealing with. I did
some quick research on embedding XHTML inside other XML documents so
that everything could be validated and I didn't find any example which
didn't embeded the whole XHTML strucure (including head,body).

The more I think about it, the more I expect that we cannot "add" the
<f3> tags to a valid XHTML-document, because it might not even be XHTML
but other template (maybe RSS or other XML dialect) we are creating. So
<f3:template> might be the "top level element" on any template anyway?

Usually a template won't even be a complete XHTML template, but just a
"snippet":

<f3:template>
		<f3:for each="$posts" as="post">
			<h1>{post.title}</h1>
		</f3:for>
</f3:template>

Could you send us your "test-schema" for the f3-example that you used in
your video for autocompletion?

Cheers,
Ernesto