[TYPO3-50-general] [TYPO3-team-core-v5] Templating Engine

Sebastian Gebhard sg at webagentur-gebhard.de
Wed Oct 22 17:23:09 CEST 2008

Sebastian Kurfürst schrieb:
> Yes, However you still need some namespace declaration where you import
> your view helpers.
> And if you write something like
> <xml xmlns:f3='something'>
> ... your template code here...
> </xml>,
> then the <xml> tag would be included in the output as well. That's why
> IMO you need a second way to specify namespaces.
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you want:
- Also non-XML output
- Hole Template XML formed for validation
It seems to me that you NEED to wrap all the template with at least one
root tag. And then it's no problem to give the namespace in the root tag.
Of course the root tag must be stripped when generating the output.