[TYPO3-50-general] Beer3, really a good solution?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 22 12:22:59 CEST 2008

Hi,

the templating engine makes people start thinking more about the
separation of logic and presentation.

If we had "php" we will inevitabily end up with having templates that
delete records, manipulate queries, and do other funky stuff that might
be "flexible" but that might not be manageable.

I think using a nice and structured (and limited!) templating engine is
a good step into educating people about that separation. You start
thinking more about your business logic and domain if you have a
templating engine that requires you to feed it with proper information
(instead of the template gathering and doing whatever it wants).

Cheers,
Ernesto