[TYPO3-50-general] ExtJs License

Bas v.d. Wiel j.a.m.v.d.wiel at tue.nl
Mon Oct 13 21:24:20 CEST 2008

<snip>
> Bas, Well said..... except...
>
> you can distribute it for any fee, it doesn't have to be a low fee or
> anything,
>
> this is what they say about it:
>
> High or low fees, and the GNU GPL
> Except for one special situation, the GNU General Public License (GNU
> GPL) has no requirements about how much you can charge for
> distributing a copy of free software. You can charge nothing, a penny,
> a dollar, or a billion dollars. It's up to you, and the marketplace,
> so don't complain to us if nobody wants to pay a billion dollars for a
> copy.
> See: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html
What I meant was the source. You can't distribute the binary for cheap,
and then charge a million for the source. The source actually has to
come at a nominal fee to anyone to whom you already distributed the
binary to, but not necessarily anyone else.

This means that if you sell a GPL product to my neighbour, I can't
simply call you and get the source from you. I could try my neighbour
though and that would be legal. ;-)

Bas