[TYPO3-50-general] ExtJs License

Sebastian Wojtowicz qoo-ooq at gmx.de
Mon Oct 13 19:17:32 CEST 2008

Sorry for continued asking, I really hope my upcoming "Open Source
Software Engineering"-seminar will shed some light on my
mambojumbo-understanding of all this licensing stuff.

ries van Twisk schrieb:
> On Oct 13, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>

>>> Hey, I just read that for commercial use of ExtJs you have to pay
>>> 289 $.
>>>
>>> Well, I know that Flow3 is OpenSource
>>> As will be Typo3v5
>>>
>>> But what if I use the Flow3 Framework to develop a commercial page,
>>> which then uses the ExtJS package of Flow3.
>>> Do I have to pay 289 $ to the ExtJs guys than ?
>>>
>> I would say yes!
>>

> As long as you give the source with your project then you fall in the
> GPL category.
>
> So yes, you can develop a commercial page and sell it to your
> customers. But if they ask
> for the source, you have to give it to them...

Well this I kind of already knew. But what if I make a page with Flow3
in its bones that's supposed to make profit for me ? (just by being a
usefull application, not a homepage that I sell)
F.e. a shop or a job-agency.
This is an commercial way of using flow3, right? And by that also a
commercial use of ExtJs (cause I think I'd like to use that), right?
Does this mean I have to offer my customers / my clients the source
code, too ?