[TYPO3-50-general] Name of templating system

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Nov 14 12:43:32 CET 2008

Hi folks,

Am 14.11.2008 um 09:39 schrieb Sebastian Kurfürst:

>> why not simply
>> fluid.flow3.org ?
> Yes, I think that should be the main domain as well.
>
> However, as we plan to port it to TYPO3 v4, and hopefully it even will
> work stand-alone, I feel we need some distinct domain to compete with
> all the other templating systems. (Just as a signal that we take the
> stand-alone usage seriously)

I just discussed this with Karsten a little. At the moment I don't think
that it makes sense or is especially wise to market the templating
system
as another product in parallel to TYPO3 and FLOW3. It will be based on
FLOW3 anyway (right?) and therefore will surely be yet another reason
why people will want to switch to FLOW3.

Therefore let's just see it as a (very cool) FLOW3 based package for the
time being. If the engine and syntax turns out to be really successful,
we can still create a dedicated section on typo3.org or even a website
(fluid.typo3.org) which lists all the ports to different programming
languages
and frameworks.

TemplaVoila was yesterday, now comes Fluid!

robert