[TYPO3-50-general] Remove long filenames

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Fri Nov 14 11:16:29 CET 2008

Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

I would prefer filename = classname as it's done in most frameworks I
know because I think it's much easier to work with short names..
FLOW3/Classes/Cache/Backend/F3_FLOW3_Cache_Backend_File.php
vs
FLOW3/Classes/Cache/Backend/File.php
especially when you have lots of classes in the same subpackage.

> I currently quite like the long filenames, because,
> if you use CMD+SHIFT+R (at least thats the combination on a mac), you
> get a quick chooser of all files inside the workspace.
> I use this really often to find the right file - which only works
> because the files always contain the namespace prefix.

That works quite good with short names too (at least in Zend Studio). If
I open the "Open Resource" dialog and enter "export", I get:

Export.php - doctrine/lib/Doctrine/Data
Export.php - doctrine/lib/Doctrine

Bastian