[TYPO3-50-general] Better coding standards

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Thu Nov 13 15:29:12 CET 2008

Hi Steffen.

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Anyway i'm interested in an eclipse support for CGL and iirc you have
> somthing like that for v5, can you point me to the place to look at?

At
  http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/changes/flow3-overview/Tools/
you'll find FLOW3-ZendStudio-Formatter-Profile.xml, which is a Zend
Studio code formatter profile. I don't know if ot works in PDT as well.

It does a pretty good job, albeit not perfect (yet?). E.g. extra
indenting of comments is still missing.

> Also i'm interested in the way you do this on-the-fly with commits.

Currently we don't do it yet. CGL checks are planned, and the toolchain
works to a certain degree. Check out the PHPCodeSniffer and FLOW3CGL
packages. Sebastian can give more information on the CI part here.

Regards,
Karsten