[TYPO3-50-general] Only blank screen, no exceptions

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Thu Nov 13 15:21:28 CET 2008

Hi.

Bastian Waidelich wrote:
> Christoph Blömer wrote:
>> Blog is working now. But for this I had to change the sqlite filename
>> from TYPO3CR.db to typo3cr.db in the Settings.yml
>
> Oh snap, that setting got lost in the change to YAML-based
> configurations in the Blog branch. I didn't notice, as I'm working on
> case insensitive Windows..

No, the database was thoughtfully renamed to TYPO3CR.db in SVN and I
removed the settings - they were identical to the defaults except the
lowercase database name. I think it is better to stick to the defaults
if possible, and in that case the deviation didn't make sense.

On Windows SVN cannot change the case of a name during update, as it's
case-insensitive (thus the "new" file already "exists"). Thus it could
not be "repaired".

Regards,
Karsten

PS: I loathe case-insensitive filesystems...