[TYPO3-50-general] MVC in FLOW3

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Nov 13 14:12:00 CET 2008

Hi Sebastian,

Am 13.11.2008 um 12:41 schrieb Sebastian Kurfürst:

>> I can't use DefaultView in the View/Default Folder because the word
>> Default is not allowed in the namespace. So the information in the
>> MVC
>> Reference on flow3.de is not valid anymore, correct?
> I am currently not sure how this is handled, so I guess maybe Bastian
> can help you out on this issue.

(see Bastians email)

one note about the mechanism / resolution though:

I think it's safe to
say that the MVC conventions as they are at the moment are not the
final ones. Before we release a first alpha of FLOW3, we'll have to
got through all features again and actually try them out to get an
idea of how it feels like working with them.

>> Currently only the word "controller" is shown. And "Hello World!" is
>> still missing. No Exception when view->render() is called.
>> ViewNotFoundException would be nice.
> Well, in case the view cannot be resolved, the EmptyView kicks in and
> shows just nothing.
>
> However, I agree with you that some error message would be nice if you
> are not in production mode.
>
> @everybody: Does this make sense?
> - if in production mode, fail silently (and log lateron)
> - if in dev mode, throw exception.

I suggest that we just make the "Empty View" configurable: One for
production
and one for dev context. Can you open a ticket for that?

Cheers,
robert