[TYPO3-50-general] FLOW3 as an TYPO3 V4 Extension

Jochen Rau j.rau at web.de
Mon May 26 17:14:08 CEST 2008

Hi,

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
> The idea is to have a t3x of FLOW3 to be used as a base library for
> extensions I think, just as 'lib' and 'div'.

+1

My first intention was to write a small wrapper class to be able to say
"$componentManager->getComponent('F3_MyComponent_Foo');" to write
future-proof extensions. Step-by-step this got me to the first version
of gimmefive: the backport I presented at the T3DD08 (that was indeed a
backport, because I had to apply several patches and workarounds to get
the excerpt working).

As I took the next steps, I realized, that this will become unhandy in
the future. So I decided to utilize the "real" FLOW3 and adapt only the
initialization process. In the result tx_gimmefive can be used as a
bridge to access FLOW3.

I hope to get a sample package finished this evening. But the weather is
quite good and I live near a nice beer garden ... ;-)

--Jochen