[TYPO3-50-general] Package Key Guidelines

Jochen Rau j.rau at web.de
Wed May 7 13:41:14 CEST 2008

Hi Malte,

please don't start the discussion from the beginning.

> But the Package-Name should look this.
>
> ^[A-Z][a-zA-Z0-9]$

This will not work. You have to add a quantifier '+' or '*' or {2,256}.

^[A-Z][A-Za-z0-9]+$

> Perhaps there should be an additional check for for some special
> keywords like:
> * TYPO3
> * FLOW3
> * PHP

This will exclude a package key like "PHPUnit". We should't be too
restrictive.

> The package name should be UpperCamelCase (see CGL). But this is not
> possible to check, due to abbreviations...

What do you mean with 'abbrevations'? Could you please give an example?

Greetings
Jochen