[TYPO3-50-general] tyClipse vs. FLOW3DE

David Bruehlmeier typo3 at bruehlmeier.com
Sat Mar 29 16:49:18 CET 2008

Hi Sebastian,

I absolutely agree that we should join forces!

My focus for FLOW3DE, as the name already says, is FLOW3. I have no
plans working for the 4.x string of TYPO3. Since tyClipse seems to aim
rather for 4.x, it feels like a perfect match!

As far as I can see, you have concentrated so far on writing an editor
for TypoScript. This was also on my agenda, it's the Use-Case UC007
"Edit TypoScript 2.0" which is planned for version 0.3 of the FLOW3DE.
It seems that here we have a lot of synergy potential.

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/roadmap/teams-flow3de

What you need to know is that I am developing FLOW3DE as my master
thesis, so I will need to work on this on my own. Of course, that does
not mean at all that I cannot collaborate with you, but we will have to
clearly define who does what.

Since this might become a solution for both TYPO3 4.x and FLOW3, we
might also think about a new name for this "master" plugin. The common
denominator for TYPO3 and FLOW3 is the "3", so what would you think of
3clipse, threeClipse or ThreeClipse? :-)

I'm looking forward to working on _the_ TYPO3/FLOW3 plugin with you! :-)

Regards,
Dave