[TYPO3-50-general] Rebuilding Backend GUI

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Mar 19 18:03:06 CET 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 11:39 AM, Patrick Gaumond wrote:

> ries van Twisk wrote:
>
>> PS: I still like to see a Adobe FLEX BE rather then a JS be, what
>> do you
>> think of this??
>
> The theory and intention are good (Rich interface precise to the
> pixel,
> almost no browser compatibility to deal with, no nasty JS code from
> 1996, etc).
>
> But is reality supporting the proposition?
>
> Is there other CMSes out there already doing it or plan to do it ? (no
> need for the joke about cavemen asking if fire is a good idea since no
> one use it already...)

I believe Drupal has some flex integration... But I am not sure about
the degree of this.

There are of course many other CMS systems that has rich frontend,
for example there are blogging desktop applications that can directly
interact with a webside using a blogging API rather then using HTML
forms.
I am personally using a application to create my gallery... rather
then uploading images in a HTML tool
one by one...
We use FTP Desktop tools to upload content to servers...

Flash based RIA's (and now also Silverlight) are now days not only
used to represent
information, but also to manage information.

So what I am trying to say... that now days we already use such RIA
tools to manage
content partially, wy not use such a tool to manage content of a CMS?

Ries