[TYPO3-50-general] Rebuilding Backend GUI

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Mar 19 17:34:38 CET 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 10:49 AM, Martin Kutschker wrote:

> ries van Twisk schrieb:
>>
>> PS: I still like to see a Adobe FLEX BE rather then a JS be, what
>> do you
>> think of this??
>
> I'd rather see an implementation with a real free source. Why bother
> write a complete new GPLd framework/component-system if you then
> choose the
> way of company X. *
>
> Masi
>
> * Personally I think I had chosen Zend Framework + Smarty + "any of
> those
> JS frameworks" to recreate TYPO3. Needless to say that I'd not bet
> on a CR :-)

I am not sure what a 'real free source' but flex is released under
Mozilla Public license,
which is a pretty decent Open Source license schema, not 100% sure if
it's compatible
with GPL V3 though (after searching it seems partially, since we don't
link to the source... I think it's fine).

I also don't think it's a problem of choosing of company X, since we
already did choose for company 'PHP',
Company 'prototype' company ZEND, and more decisions based on specific
packages which are bond to a larger or small
group of people which is all perfectly fine ofcourse.. We don't have
to re-invent to wheel always...

However do bear (all of us) in mind that using such tools like Flex
can give you a a real RAD tool for BE creation
and will give a great user experience. This will allow developers
concentrate on coding/design rather then 'fooling
around with JS frame works' and making it looks good, respond fast
etc...

ries

PS: not trying to force anybody... but there seems to be a tendency to
stick with tools people know,
which might not always be the best tool for the job.