[TYPO3-50-general] XML schema for PackageInfo.xsd

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Mon Mar 17 13:04:13 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> David Bruehlmeier schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to suggest an XML schema for the PackageInfo.xsd file. It
>> would be very helpful for me to implement the XML import/export for
>> the FLOW3 Development Environment, but I think it would generally be a
>> good idea to agree on a schema for this file.
>>
>> Please have a look at the schema and give me feedback:
>> http://www.bruehlmeier.com/fileadmin/flow3/PackageInfo.xsd
>
> Wow, I was about to suggest Relax NG for that task, because it is said
> that is much easier to write.
>
> Masi

Hi,

that's true Relax NG is easier to understand.

PHP provides a validator for Relax NG in the XML-Reader and
XML-Rewriter. I have not found something simluar for the w3c-standard.

It will be possible to check the XML-syntax with the FLOW3CGL, with one
of the standards. But which one?

I would prefer the Relax NG, because of issues above.

Cheers,

Malte